This blog will attempt to explain interesting questions about sea turtles.
How do sea turtles navigate the sea? Sea turtles always return to the same beach where they were born to lay their eggs after migrating long distances. How do they know where to go?
Why are are sea turtles endangered?
What is being done about sea turtle conservation
What is the latest research being done about sea turtles?
Why healthy oceans need sea turtles
And more......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-KmQ6pGxg4
An animation about how for every 1000 eggs laid only two sea turtles go on to have long happy lives (4.25)
References
Orenstein, R 2001, Survivors in armor: turtles, tortoises and terrapins, National library of Canada cataloging in publication data, Toronto, Ontario.
Hays, G 2004 'Good news for sea turtles', Trends in Ecology and Evolution, Vol.19, No7, pp.349-351.
Gass, S 2012, The survival of the sea turtle, viewed 8 March 2014,
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-KmQ6pGxg4>
Nice first post! It’s great that you included a video. I like the questions posed and I’m looking forward to reading the answers over the coming weeks. I’m especially interested in reading about the Cairns Sea Turtle Rehabilitation Centre!
ReplyDelete